Fireplaces Keep it Cozy and Add Ambiance to New Homes
February 25, 2020
Realtors agree that fireplaces are a value-add for homebuyers. They add a sense of coziness and luxury to a home — and with flexibility in design and size, fireplaces are also adaptable to different spaces. But we also know they’re an expense for home builders looking to cut costs and build more affordable homes. That’s why our brand partner Innovative Hearth Products, which owns Astria Fireplaces and Superior Fireplaces, is here to help you offset the cost through rebates on gas, wood-burning and electric fireplaces.
A lot of the great information on how realtors and homebuyers view fireplaces comes from an Angie’s List survey of real estate agents and homebuyers. Interestingly, Angie’s List found that the words most associated with fireplaces on Instagram include “love,” “cozy,” “warmth,” and “home” — suggesting the feature really gives people an at-home feeling.
And it’s not just indoor fireplaces that are desirable. A survey from the American Society of Landscape Architects also found that outdoor fireplaces were among the top three most popular outdoor design elements.
If you’re installing fireplaces in your new residential constructions but aren’t earning money back, let us know and we can get you set up with IHP. HomeSphere can additionally help offset your costs with our bundled rebate approach. When you use more than one of our partner brands on a project, your total rebate will be higher per product.
Innovative Hearth Products featured on the HomeSphere builder rebate program
Astria’s Capella 27 (Electric)
The Capella 27 electric fireplace is Astria's answer to automatic home comfort with simple plug-and-play set up and easy installation capabilities.
- A standard, plug-in ready, three-pronged 110V grounded power cord that makes installation fast and easy
- Full function remote control (heat, flames, embers)
- An On/Off switch mounted on the unit
Not yet a HomeSphere builder?
HomeSphere is a free rebate program offering cash back on over 1,500 products from more than 80 of the top building product manufacturing brands.
Superior’s DRT2033 (Gas)
The DRT2033 compact traditional direct vent gas fireplace combines beauty, efficiency and value with a clean faced heat-circulating design, beautiful flames and glowing embers.
- Dedicated top or rear flue configuration
- Electronic ignition with seamless battery backup that provides continued operation in the event of a power outage (IPI/CPI switch standard)
- Outstanding heating efficiency for lower operating costs
Astria’s Montebello See-Through (Gas)
With its expansive two-sided opening and realistic fire presentation, the Montebello See-Through provides a harmonious flow from one space to another, inside or outside the home.
- Total Comfort Control™ featuring a full-function remote control with thermostatic function and six flame settings
- Conveniently-located gas controls for easy installation and operation
- Adjustable air shutter included to raise or lower flame height
Superior’s WCT4820 (Wood-burning)
The WCT4820 fireplace combines beauty and efficiency to offer an exceptional wood-burning unit. Users enjoy unsurpassed warmth with advanced combustion and heat-circulating features.
- Textured refractory-lined firebox recreates traditional masonry
- Efficient air wash system keeps the glass clean, reducing the hassle of maintenance
- Cast-iron door is available in two styles to match taste
Astria’s Craftsman (Wood-burning)
The Craftsman fireplace sets a new standard for wood burning beauty, performance and convenience, and is the bedrock of the Astria wood burning family.
- Fully insulated firebox (on select models) for increased performance in colder climates
- An easy access damper handle and position lock outside air controls support consistent performance
- Radiant heat delivers relaxing warmth in the environment
HomeSphere builders are eligible to collect rebates on IHP
Ready to add this brand to your construction projects? Click on the link below and complete the form at the bottom of the page.